Monday, August 18, 2008

cravings...


So now I'm not pregnant anymore, I shouldn't be having cravings-? Not that I really had them when I was pregnant, but you're supposed to right? It was a good excuse to just have things that you like all the time anyway....

So now that there is a tiny bit of a summer lull at work, my Assistant DoS and Bad Influence Number One MAO and I have been craving the donut. and the cupcake.

I don't thing she's pregnant either, we're just a little bored of profiterol and bisküvi and want what we can't have (easily), that is DELICIOUS donuts and cupcakes. Now MAO lives conveniently near a Dunkin Donuts, about the best you can do in the land of Baklava (also nice in its own way, but so AVAILABLE), so she's been scoffing donuts and real coffee all weekend and is now taunting me with tales of that and the apparently Fabulous Tim Hortons (Donut Mecca of Canada), which she also can't go to at the moment but would like to.

So Dunkin Donuts are a bit few and far between here in Istanbul (probably for the best really), and I do like a good Turkish desert- Ekmek Kadayıfı with Kaymak (bread absolutely soaked in gooey syrup served with clotted cream.... mmmmm

But sometimes you just want one of these.....

5 comments:

Yaramaz said...

I bought a packet of Lovells Golden Mountain Cappuccino cookies for after lunch... (*I am trying very hard to fulfill my role as Chief Corruptor*)

Anonymous said...

you are not alone........

nilly said...

oh, I didn't know that you've a cop side :)

Steph said...

shhhhh Nilly I'm undercover :)

Yaramaz said...

Now that i am back in Canadia, I just wanted to mention that I have had real coffee every morning (with cream, and brown sugar!) and there is a donut shop on the next block and I've had the following meals: eggs benedict (ham!), beef dip with real jus, pizza with lots of sauce and real mozza and pepperoni, and my mother made a full roast dinner (with yams too!). Come! Come! Save yourself from the madness!